About MacResolutions

 

Hello, I am Fred Balin, principal at MacResolutions, 15 years supporting the Apple Faithful, old and new, in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. I am also a former Apple product manager, software designer, publishing professional, and educator.

 

As a teacher, I was blown away when the Apple II appeared. As a believer in the power of ideas, human potential, and dedication, I was enthralled by the story of The Two Steves. And in 1984, my digital earth shook again with the release of the Macintosh, which steered me westward to the Cupertino Mother Ship and a dream fulfilled.

 

In 1998 at MacWorld Expo San Francisco, Apple disciple turned tech media star David Pogue (New York Times, PBS, Pogue Press, and now Yahoo), a polymath and personality who can weave a storyline as well as anyone, gave a 45-minute talk on how to become a Macintosh troubleshooting guru. It included a mix of Jobs-ian simplicity and overstatement. "Just follow these three basic steps, and you will solve 95 per cent of Macintosh problems," he proclaimed. Well maybe, … but since then I have been immersed in the remaining 5 per cent and most of what's come along since in the Apple world and its surroundings.

 

Unparalleled Innovation and Elegance

 

Apple continues to extend the boundaries of human-computer interaction via its enabling technologies.

 

The Mac's highly-polished elegance and ease-of-use remains the unrivaled industry standard bearer and beacon. Its rock-solid Unix foundation and industry compliant components have earned it full and equal citizenship in business and on networks.

 

Steve Jobs's seminal vision of a device to extend innate human creativity to the masses via technology is a remarkable reality. Not so long ago, we lived in a world of very expensive, proprietary devices for content creation by a narrow priesthood in areas such as digital video, music and other audio, photography, publishing, and communications. Now there is a mature iLife and iWork suite on every Mac, for creators of all levels to engage. Truly transformative.

 

And, and his late vision of a post-PC world appears closer everyday, we delve deeply in another amazing time, that of smart phones and tablets, the generic terms for iPhone and iPad.

 

Complexity Remains

 

But in this age of possibility, complexity lurks, and you need a guide.

 

Synchronization, security, privacy, networking, backups, and the cloud, join the ever-presence of incompatibilities and glitches as time-consuming head scratchers.

 

Unless you are an expert, you may not be able to solve your short-term Mac, iPhone, or iPad related problems. Nor may you be fully aware of new possibilities in today's fast-moving innovate-or-shrivel technology culture.

 

Apple's phone support, genius bar, sales agents, and creatives are quite good, but they can't resolve all your issues, won't delve into areas dealing with most non-Apple products, are not completely engaged as your advocate, and do not come on site.

 

To resolve issues you may have to contact a host of other companies to isolate and solve problems. To plan ahead most effectively, you may have to evaluate a variety of vendors and options.

 

Most busy, highly efficient Mac OS and iOS using professionals and many others do not have the time, inclination, or optimal skill set. They can best be served by a single, expert point of contact that can both conclusively resolve current problems and seamlessly move them into specific, next best technology-infrastructure steps.

 

I hope you will consider MacResolutions as that resource.

 

Thank you,

Fred Balin

Principal, MacResolutions

Palo Alto, California

 

 

Branding: Scott Brown Design  •  Design & production: Lai-Kit Chan  •  Steve Jobs Photography: Steve Castillo

Copyright ©2014 Fred Balin, MacResolutions. All rights reserved. Apple, Mac, Macintosh, iMac, iPhone, iPad, iLife, and iWork, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.

Branding: Scott Brown Design  •  Design & production: Lai-Kit Chan  •  Steve Jobs Photography: Steve Castillo

Copyright ©2014 Fred Balin, MacResolutions. All rights reserved. Apple, Mac, Macintosh, iMac, iPhone, iPad, iLife, and iWork, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.